1. Fixture rules are in accordance with the Australian Netball Rule Book, unless otherwise stated in these rules.
2. Games for all divisions will be 12 min quarters, 1 min quarter breaks and 2 min half time.
3. Mixed for Juniors & Seniors is considered a different competition, so players can play in a Junior or Women’s team as well as mixed. Please note Junior Mixed age limit of 13-17 years applies.
4. Players cannot play in a lower division then what they are originally registered.
5. Teams must nominate a team umpire when registering. All umpires will be paid $10 per game by CNA.
6. Teams must score their own games. A scorer from each team must sit together and score the entire game. A score cannot be disputed if you do not have a scorer for each team.
7. Weekly team sheets MUST be collected from control each week and signed by all available players.
8. Score sheets need to be collected from the table outside control before the start of your allocated game.
9. The winning team is to return the score card to control at the conclusion of the game.
10. Fingernails must be cut short (not visible above fingers) with NO TAPING. Netball gloves may be worn.
11. No other jewelry, body jewelry, body piercing or hair combs may be worn and cannot be taped.
12. Uniform requirements: Teams with netball uniforms must all wear the same uniform. Team without netball uniforms must wear matching tops. Shirts may be different designs and makes but they must be the same color. All teams must supply their own playing bibs.
13. Points: Win – 3, Draw – 2, Loss – 1. There will not be any finals. Placings will be determined by points only. Winners and runners up of divisions will be determined by the points table.
14. Depending on entry number, there may be an allocated 1 point round and Cairns Netball will notify all teams in the relevant divisions.
15. For draw purposes some divisions may be combined to ensure a viable competition.
16. Mixed rules for Junior & Senior: a maximum of 3 male players on the court at one time. The male players MUST play in the following positions:-either one (1) Goal Shooter or Goal Attack, One (1) Centre court player either Wing Attack, Centre or Wing Defence and one (1) Defence player, either Goal Defence or Goal Keeper.
17. Please note boys 12 years and younger are eligible to play in the 12U and 10U divisions (12 years and younger) and normal rules apply.
18. Wet weather games: In the case of it being too wet to play, the decision will be made by the games controller and umpires convener. Games will only be called off 30 mins prior to your game. It will be posted on Facebook and emailed to team contact. NO games will be replayed. BE SURE TO LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
19. Points table and week by week results will be available at completion of each night. You will also find the season draw on our website, Facebook, and we will send out the umpire draw weekly. Our website: www.cairnsnetball.net.au
20. No un-sportsman like behavior will be tolerated. Please refer to C N A codes of conduct.
21. If you have any queries regarding any rules please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
22. Be sure to SMILE and HAVE FUN!